Please see the memo below. Guidance for Staff on Masking and Visitation is also attached.
Just a reminder to all employees:
If you are currently delinquent with your influenza vaccination or have a declination on file, you must wear a mask while working at Riverside. The policy with the guidelines is linked in this email
- Personnel who do not receive the influenza vaccination due to a medical contraindication, must wear a mask at all times during the duration of the scheduled shift for the duration of the influenza season while at all Riverside Healthcare facilities and clinics. (See consequences and Non-Compliance below).
- Personnel who do not receive the influenza vaccination due to a strongly held belief exemption must wear a mask at all times during the duration of the scheduled shift for the duration of the influenza season while at all Riverside Healthcare facilities and clinics. (See Consequences and Non-Compliance below).
Just a reminder, flu documentation is due 10/31/23, next Tuesday. There is one final flu clinic tomorrow from 2p-6p in room B504, the Risk Conference room. You can also get vaccinated through your provider, or at your local pharmacy. Please email this documentation to email@example.com
Questions? Call or email
Link for the flu policy
You have been sent a policy titled “Influenza Vaccination Program.”
View it at https://pstat-live-media.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf_cache/policy/14225964/bd4225ca-04cf-4da8-ab3d-9558ee26e2e5/Influenza%20Vaccination%20Program.pdf
Please note that the link above will work for 30 days.
The Employee Seasonal Influenza Vaccine program kicks off September 11, 2023.
Here are some important facts to know in order to receive your annual Seasonal Flu Vaccine:
- There are 8 dates to select from to schedule your seasonal Influenza Vaccine in the Employee Health Office, and two dates for offsite administration:
- The Employee Health Office is located in Suite 504, which can be accessed by taking the B elevators to the 5th floor. Please follow the instructions below for scheduling an appointment in MyChart. Walk-ins for the above Employee Health Vaccine clinics are not recommended.
- The contraindications for receiving the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine are as follows:
- People with severe, life-threatening allergies to any ingredient in a flu vaccine (other than egg proteins) should not get that vaccine.
- People who have had a severe allergic reaction to a dose of influenza vaccine should not get that flu vaccine again and might not be able to receive other influenza vaccines.
- If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a severe paralyzing illness, also called GBS). Some people with a history of GBS should not get a flu vaccine. Talk to your doctor about your GBS history.
- If you are not feeling well, please wait until your symptoms have improved and you are fever free.
- You may receive the Seasonal Flu Vaccine with no contraindications with a COVID Vaccine, even on the same day, as long as they are given in different anatomical locations.
- The Seasonal Influenza Vaccine medical and strongly held belief declination forms can be found in PolicyStat, as attachments to the Influenza Vaccination Program Policy.
- Please review the attached Influenza Vaccine Information Sheet and contact Employee Health if you have additional questions. (This is the most recent VIS from the CDC).
How to schedule your Seasonal Influenza Vaccine:
- Log into your MyChart app or website
- Go to “Visits”
- Select “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select “Employee Flu Vaccine (RHC Employees ONLY)”
- Select a day and time
- Verify your information
- You must complete the field which asks what you want addressed (you can just enter “vaccine” or “shot”).
- Confirm your appointment.
- Prior to arriving, from your MyChart, select your scheduled appointment and eCheck-In.
- Complete and sign the consent.
- Present for your vaccination.
FLUBLOK doses are available: If you have an egg allergy, and have received the FLUBLOCK vaccine in previous years, you may schedule an appointment in MyChart as above, and request your FLUBLOCK vaccine upon arrival. If you have an egg allergy, and have never received a FLUBLOK vaccine as an employee, please email EmployeeHealth@rhc.net prior to scheduling an appointment.
High Dose Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccines are available: If you are 65 years or older, you may also schedule an appointment in MyChart as above, and request a High Dose vaccine upon arrival.
Employees in Riverside Medical Group locations:
Employees may receive their Seasonal Flu Vaccine by scheduling in MyChart for any of the above Flu Vaccine Clinic dates, or may receive their Flu Vaccine in their RMG location. Separate instructions will be emailed to those locations’ leaders. The Employee Flu Vaccine Consent must be completed, and documentation of the vaccine must be completed in EPIC.
Employees in any Senior Life Community:
Employee may receive their Seasonal Flu Vaccine by scheduling in MyChart for any of the above Flu Vaccine Clinic dates, or may receive their Flu vaccine at Miller Healthcare, Westwood or Bourbonnais Grove. Please watch for communication from your leaders.
All other Locations:
Please follow the above scheduling and vaccine clinic instructions. Additional remote or mobile clinics may be considered based on available resources. Please contact Jo Kilpatrick for information at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEED Computer/MyChart Access?
You can access the computers in the Cyber Café off of the cafeteria. The code for the door is 1234. There are 5 computers available for your use. Log in with your Riverside ID
Having difficulty? Call the helpdesk at 36000 using the phone in the Cyber Café.
Having difficulty logging in to MyChart? Call 815-928-6000 for assistance.
Happy Sleep Month! Sleep is a vital part of a healthy lifestyle. Each week in March, we will feature articles about different sleep topics.
Click below to check out this week’s article about how your body uses calories while you sleep!