Additional Flu Clinics Added – Deadline is 10/31
We have added two additional flu clinics.
Tuesday 10/25/2022 from 1030-1330
Friday 10/28/2022 from 1330-1630
Please sign up in My Chart to reserve your spot. Directions below. Flu shots must be completed by 10/31. If you have received your flu shot elsewhere please email a legible copy to email@example.com
Flu documentation must include type of vaccine received along with your name and date.
Flu vaccination is required unless you have completed the flu declination that was due on October 10th
Here are some important facts to know in order to receive your annual Seasonal Flu Vaccine:
1) The Employee Health Office is located in Suite B504, which can be accessed by taking the B elevators to the 5th floor. Please follow the instructions below for scheduling an appointment in MyChart. Walk-ins for the above Employee Health Vaccine clinics are not recommended.
2) The contraindications for receiving the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine are as follows:
- People with severe, life-threatening allergies to any ingredient in a flu vaccine (other than egg proteins) should not get that vaccine.
- People who have had a severe allergic reaction to a dose of influenza vaccine should not get that flu vaccine again and might not be able to receive other influenza vaccines.
- If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a severe paralyzing illness, also called GBS). Some people with a history of GBS should not get a flu vaccine. Talk to your doctor about your GBS history.
- If you are not feeling well, please wait until your symptoms have improved and you are fever free.
3) You may receive the Seasonal Flu Vaccine with no contraindications with a COVID Vaccine, even on the same day, as long as they are given in different anatomical locations.
4) The Seasonal Influenza Vaccine medical and strongly held belief declination forms can be found in PolicyStat, as attachments to the Influenza Vaccination Program Policy.
5) Please review the attached Influenza Vaccine Information Sheet and contact Employee Health if you have additional questions. (This is the most recent VIS from the CDC).
How to schedule your Seasonal Influenza Vaccine:
1) Log into your MyChart app or website
2) Go to “Visits”
3) Select “Schedule an Appointment”
4) Select “Employee Flu Vaccine (RHC Employees ONLY)”
5) Select a day and time
6) Verify your information
7) You must complete the field which asks what you want addressed (you can just enter “vaccine” or “shot”).
8) Confirm your appointment.
9) Prior to arriving, from your MyChart, select your scheduled appointment and eCheck-In.
10) Complete and sign the consent.
11) Present for your vaccination.
FLUBLOK doses are currently available. Follow these instructions: If you have an egg allergy, and have received the FLUBLOCK vaccine in previous years, you may schedule an appointment in MyChart as above, and request your FLUBLOCK vaccine upon arrival. If you have an egg allergy, and have never received a FLUBLOK vaccine as an employee, please email EmployeeHealth@rhc.net prior to scheduling an appointment.
High Dose Quadravalent Influenza Vaccines are available: If you are 65 years or older, you may also schedule an appointment in MyChart as above, and request a High Dose vaccine upon arrival.
Employees in Riverside Medical Group locations:
Employees may receive their Seasonal Flu Vaccine by scheduling in MyChart for any of the above Flu Vaccine Clinic dates, or may receive their Flu Vaccine in their RMG location. Separate instructions will be emailed to those locations’ leaders. The Employee Flu Vaccine Consent must be completed, and documentation of the vaccine must be completed in EPIC.
Employees in any Senior Life Community:
Employee may receive their Seasonal Flu Vaccine by scheduling in MyChart for any of the above Flu Vaccine Clinic dates, or may receive their Flu vaccine at Miller Healthcare, Westwood or Bourbonnais Grove. Please watch for communication from your leaders.
All other Locations:
Please follow the above scheduling and vaccine clinic instructions. Additional remote or mobile clinics may be considered based on available resources. Please contact Jo Kilpatrick for information at firstname.lastname@example.org