Riverside Offering Antibody Therapy Infusion Clinic to Eligible Patients
Riverside is excited to be opening an Antibody Therapy Infusion Clinic on Tuesday, December 21, for eligible Riverside Medical Group patients with a COVID-19 diagnosis.
As COVID-19 cases rise, the clinic is needed in our community, and we are looking forward to offering this service to our patients.
What is the Antibody Therapy Infusion Clinic? Monoclonal Antibody Therapy was authorized for emergency use by the FDA to treat high-risk patients with a COVID-19 diagnosis. The antibodies are administered to the patient through infusion and help fight off COVID-19 infection. Riverside’s clinic has the capacity to treat 6 patients per day.
Which patients are eligible? Only established Riverside Medical Group patients are eligible for the clinic. Patients must meet at least one of the criteria below to be eligible for the Antibody Therapy Infusion Clinic:
- Patient is 65 years of age or older
- Obesity or being overweight (adults with BMI greater than 25 kg/m2, or, if age 12 to 17, have BMI ≥ 85th percentile for age and sex, weighing at least 40 kg)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Immunosuppression (immunosuppressive disease or treatment)
- Cardiovascular disease (including congenital heart disease) or hypertension
- Chronic lung diseases (e.g., chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma [moderate to severe], interstitial lung disease, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension)
- Sickle cell disease
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., cerebral palsy) or other medically complex conditions that confer medical complexity (e.g., genetic or metabolic syndromes and severe congenital anomalies)
- Dependence on a medical-related technology (e.g., tracheostomy, gastrostomy, or positive pressure ventilation [unrelated to COVID-19])
Which patients are not eligible?
- Patients who are hospitalized due to COVID-19
- Patients who require oxygen therapy due to COVID-19
- Patients who require an increase in baseline oxygen flow rate due to COVID-19 or those on chronic oxygen therapy due to underlying non-COVID-19 related comorbidity
When is the Antibody Therapy Infusion Clinic offered? The clinic opens Tuesday, December 21, and will be open Monday through Friday from 2 to 5 p.m.
Where is the Antibody Therapy Infusion Clinic located? The clinic is located in the Pavilion in Suite P410. Starting Tuesday, there will be signage in the Pavilion and South Lobby guiding patients to the clinic.
What else do employees need to know? Please be on the lookout for patients needing assistance finding the clinic. We appreciate your support and the dedication of our employees in getting the clinic up and running.