2 Additional Flu Clinics Added
We have added 2 additional flu clinics
Friday 11/4/22 10a-1p
Tuesday 11/8/22 1:30-4:30
You sign up in MyChart. Why? It allows us to do large numbers of vaccinations in shorter amounts of time, and we can move employees through quickly and not make you stand in line. For me, it’s easiest to use MyChart on my phone rather than a desktop. MyChart instructions are below. If you have received a flu shot from somewhere else, please email proof of vaccination to email@example.com
You can reach out to me at my contact info below if you have questions or difficulties.
*What happens if I don’t get the flu shot?
On 11/1/22, letters will go out to employees who remain unvaccinated and have not turned in a written declination form. You will have 2 weeks to get your vaccine or get your declination in. After that 2 weeks, employees not meeting the vaccination guideline will be placed on a working suspension and will continue on the corrective action pathway. Once employees are placed in working suspension, they risk eligibility for raises in their next evaluation.
Please sign up in My Chart to reserve your spot. Directions below. If you have received your flu shot elsewhere please email a legible copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flu documentation must include type of vaccine received along with your name and date.
Here are some important facts to know in order to receive your annual Seasonal Flu Vaccine:
1) The Employee Health Office is located in Suite 504, which can be accessed by taking the B elevators to the 5th floor. Please follow the instructions below for scheduling an appointment in MyChart. Walk-ins for the above Employee Health Vaccine clinics are not recommended.
2) The contraindications for receiving the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine are as follows:
- People with severe, life-threatening allergies to any ingredient in a flu vaccine (other than egg proteins) should not get that vaccine.
- People who have had a severe allergic reaction to a dose of influenza vaccine should not get that flu vaccine again and might not be able to receive other influenza vaccines.
- If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a severe paralyzing illness, also called GBS). Some people with a history of GBS should not get a flu vaccine. Talk to your doctor about your GBS history.
- If you are not feeling well, please wait until your symptoms have improved and you are fever free.
3) You may receive the Seasonal Flu Vaccine with no contraindications with a COVID Vaccine, even on the same day, as long as they are given in different anatomical locations.
4) The Seasonal Influenza Vaccine medical and strongly held belief declination forms can be found in PolicyStat, as attachments to the Influenza Vaccination Program Policy.
5) Please review the attached Influenza Vaccine Information Sheet and contact Employee Health if you have additional questions. (This is the most recent VIS from the CDC).
How to schedule your Seasonal Influenza Vaccine:
1) Log into your MyChart app or website
2) Go to “Visits”
3) Select “Schedule an Appointment”
4) Select “Employee Flu Vaccine (RHC Employees ONLY)”
5) Select a day and time
6) Verify your information
7) You must complete the field which asks what you want addressed (you can just enter “vaccine” or “shot”).
8) Confirm your appointment.
9) Prior to arriving, from your MyChart, select your scheduled appointment and eCheck-In.
10) Complete and sign the consent.
11) Present for your vaccination.