Medical Staff Services Awareness Week
November 6-12 is Medical Staff Services Awareness Week. Below are a few of the responsibilities attributed to Physician Services team members.
- Credentialing Database management
- Credentialing & Privileging
- New Provider Orientation
- Medical Staff Governance
- Medical Staff Bylaws
- Medical Staff Rules and Regulations
- Medical Staff Policies
- Support of the organized medical staff
- Meeting management
- Nominating and Election Process
- ED Call Schedules
- Maintenance of expirables
- Responding to requests for all physician information, e.g., procedural logs, etc.
Physician Services staff are important members of the healthcare team who are dedicated to thoroughly investigating and verifying the credentials of healthcare practitioners. These dedicated professionals use their expertise in areas such as medical staff organization, accreditation, and regulatory compliance in their roles as gatekeepers to promote quality, patient safety, and a positive environment for our providers, staff and patients. Take a minute to stop by, say hello, and thank the team of the Physician Services Department during their special week.