Medicare Annual Enrollment Period: Helping Patients Avoid Sickness and Complications
As our patients continue to shop and enroll in Medicare plans, they’re searching for options that’ll not only cover care when they’re sick, but help them avoid illness in the first place.
The Simplete® Medicare Advantage plans we offer through Health Alliance™ include many preventive services at no additional cost:
• Annual wellness visits that review a patient’s medical and family histories; check blood pressure, height and weight; assess cognitive functioning; discover risk factors and treatment options; and more.
• Routine cancer screenings (including mammograms and colonoscopies).
• Cardiovascular disease risk-reduction visits.
• Flu, hepatitis B and pneumococcal shots.
• Bone mass measurements.
• Depression, diabetes and HIV screenings.
• Medical nutrition therapy.
• Obesity screening and therapy.
• Screening and counseling for alcohol misuse.
• Screening for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and counseling to prevent STIs.
• Counseling to stop smoking or tobacco use.
The plans also offer care coordination, a cost-free program that connects members with a team of providers, like nurse practitioners, social workers, dietitians, pharmacists and more, who work with their doctor to ensure they have the resources they need to stay healthy or work through medical issues.
Additionally, cost-free disease management programs help members with asthma, diabetes or high blood pressure stay on track.
Our patients can learn more about our plans by calling (877) 642-4753 (TTY 711), attending a webinar or visiting the links below. They have until December 7 to review their Medicare coverage.
• Learn more about Medicare.
• Learn more about our Simplete Riverside plans.
• View plans, enroll and more.
Article provided by Health Alliance.