2021 Healthiest Employer
Crain’s Content Studio And Cigna Announce Illinois’ Healthiest Employers For 2021
Best Workplace Wellness Programs Honored at Recent Awards Event
CHICAGO, October 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Crain’s Content Studio, a division of Crain’s Chicago Business, and Cigna (NYSE: CI) announce the winners of the 2021 Illinois’ Healthiest Employers Awards, recognizing companies that make workplace wellness a priority. The 10th annual awards were presented virtually via a webcast hosted by Crain’s Content Studio on Thursday, October 14.
This is the sixth year of Cigna’s sponsorship of the Illinois’ Healthiest Employers Awards, a corporate wellness program that encourages healthier lifestyles through biometric, fitness, nutrition and other health-related educational advice that emphasize preventing illness and prolonging life. Over 8,000 employers of all sizes in 45 cities participate in the program nationwide.
The 1st place winners and finalists for 2021 are:
• First Place: Connor and Gallagher OneSource (2-99 employees), an independent insurance broker. Finalists (2-99 employees): Shop Smart LLC and Vesta Preferred Realty
• First Place: V3 Companies, Ltd. (100-499 employees), a civil engineering and environmental services firm. Finalists (100-499 employees): Associated Agencies, Inc. and TBI
• First Place: Busey Bank (500-1,499 employees), community financial services firm. Finalists (500-1,499 employees): AssetMark and Collaborative Solutions, LLC
• First Place: Riverside Healthcare (1,500-4,999), a healthcare network and service provider. Finalists (1,500-4,999 employees): CNO Financial Group and Syngenta
• First Place: U-Haul (5,000+ employees), a moving equipment and rental storage company. Finalists: Burns & McDonnell and CGI Technologies and Solutions Inc.
“There’s so much to learn about workplace wellness innovation from this year’s winners—and from Cigna—that we’ll be presenting their wisdom in a special sponsored section on Illinois’ Healthiest Employers in the October 14th edition of Crain’s Chicago Business and at ChicagoBusiness.com,” said Sarah Chow, Director of Custom Media for Crain’s Chicago Business. The special section, sponsored by Cigna, will be produced by Crain’s Content Studio, the marketing storytelling arm of Crain’s Chicago Business.
Cigna’s Midwest Market President Brian Marsella, who presented the awards during the program, noted the importance of driving a healthy, productive workforce amidst pandemic challenges. “It has accelerated the continued need to focus on whole-person health – body, and mind,” he said.
The award is powered and scored by Springbuk, a health intelligence software company, which administers an online application process to evaluate companies’ performance in six key areas of corporate health and wellness: culture and leadership commitment, foundational components, strategic planning, communication marketing, programming and interventions, and reporting and analytics. Applicants are categorized by number of employees so that organizations compete against like-sized organizations.
About Healthiest Employers Healthiest Employers is a corporate wellness awards program that recognizes organizations that proactively shape the health of their employees. Since 2009, more than 8,000 employers have participated across 45 cities in the nationally recognized Healthiest Employers Award Program, representing insights and best practices of more than 60,000,000 employee lives.