Riverside Healthcare Brings Advanced Imaging Technology to Watseka
KANKAKEE, IL (November 4, 2020) – Riverside Healthcare has announced the expansion of radiology services to Iroquois County with the addition of MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) at the Watseka Campus.
The availability of MRIs in Watseka allows patients in the region a close-to-home option for his advanced diagnostic tool. MRI has a wide range of applications in medical diagnosis covering a variety of specialties. MRI is a noninvasive imaging technique that does not involve exposure to radiation. MR images of the soft-tissue structures of the body—such as the heart, liver and many other organs— is more likely in some instances to identify and accurately characterize diseases than other imaging methods.
The scanner used at Riverside’s Watseka Campus, the SIGNA Voyager from GE Healthcare, offers several advanced features including:
- 70cm Wide Bore Technology provides large exceptional patient comfort
- 550lb patient table weight accommodate patients of all builds
- Breathe Free & Motion Free lowering stress and decreasing claustrophobia
- Patient Experience Package including skylights, murals, integrated patient selected music/lighting
Riverside accepts all physician orders. Patients can schedule an MRI by calling(815) 935-7531.
Riverside Healthcare’s Watseka Campus offers patients one convenient location with state-of-the-art technology, providers and staff to provide you with excellent care, including the newly expanded Immediate Care.
In addition to MRI, Riverside’s Watseka Campus offers patients a variety of services including:
- Primary Care
- Immediate Care
- Diagnostic Services (labs, X-ray, CT, etc.)
- Curbside COVID-19 testing
- Video visits through Riverside MyChart
- Specialty providers
- Physical therapy
- Sleep medicine
- Occupational medicine
- Oncology & Infusion services
Learn more about Riverside’s Immediate Care in Watseka at riversidehealthcare.org.
Click here to see this press release in Riverside’s newsroom.