Join a Shared Governance Council!
Pick a Shared Governance Council that fits your interests! You do not need to be a nurse to participate in a council.
- Night Shift Council – Addresses night shift worker-specific needs (ex: coffee cart)
- Unit-Based Council – Evaluates needs for individual units (ex: fall prevention)
- Professional Development Council – Focuses on professional development opportunities for nurses (ex: BSN completion, preceptorship, certifications)
- Quality and Safety Council – Reviews nursing-sensitive quality indicators and develops action plans for improvement (ex: hand hygiene, CLABSI)
- RMG Council – Work with other RMG staff to address issues specific to the Medical Group
- Research Council – Completes nursing-focused research for publication (ex: Pet Therapy study)
- Practice Council – Engages in decision-making regarding clinical practice issues (ex: documentation, new products)