May REACH Newsletter
The Mental Health Bargain of a Homegrown Garden
Preparing for the first sprout of spring may help shield us from those pesky winter blues. Much like the perks of planning for our mental wellbeing, garden planning can encourage a futuristic mindset that can help release some of the layered stress we are all undoubtedly experiencing.
In addition to the enjoyment we might get from planning for our springtime spread (while the winter winds howl at our window), gardening itself provides a bounty of benefits for both our mental and physical wellbeing:
- It might stave off symptoms of depression and anxiety and can improve stress management.
- It helps us cultivate a growth mindset.
- Being in nature helps us live seasonally (which has a laundry list of its own benefits).
Not to mention, the healthy eating bonus – growing your own produce organically without the sometimescostly price tag!
OptumRx convenient home delivery program makes it easy to get your maintenance medications securely and privately delivered to your home (maintenance medications are medications you fill on an ongoing regular basis).
Optum’s network is large and includes the major retail pharmacy chains like CVS and Walgreens, so you have plenty of options to fill your non-maintenance medications. Use Optum’s drug pricing tool to shop for the lowest cost.
Home delivery will be required for maintenance medication in 2024, so now is the time to get it set up. As an extra incentive, we will be drawing two names in June to win $50 Amazon gift card.
Home delivery is safe and reliable, and you get:
- A three-month supply of your medication, saving you time and possibly money
- Free standard shipping
- Phone access to pharmacists 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Helpful reminders letting you know when to take or refill your medications
It’s easy to sign up and start saving. Just choose one of the options below:
- Ask your doctor to send an electronic prescription to OptumRx.
- Visit optumrx.com or use the OptumRx app. From there, you can fill new prescriptions, transfer others to home delivery and more.
Call the toll-free number on your member ID card to speak to a customer service advocate.
WIM Lunch & Learn
Mental Health Month May 26
Register by emailing Laura Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to report your Healthy Habit Points for attending on the REACH portal!
Employee Wellness Department Key Dates
- Employee Health and Fitness Month
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- REACH Level 1 Deadline: Aug. 31
- Healthcare Week: May 7-13
- Employee Appreciation Dinner: May 10 (invitation only)
- WIM Lunch & Learn: May 26