Flu Vaccine – Deadline Extended to November 16 Copy
There has been a fantastic turnout for the 2021 Influenza Vaccine Program. Please remember to schedule in MyChart and complete E-Check In prior to arrival.
Here are some important facts to know in order to receive your annual Seasonal Flu Vaccine – DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 16, 2021
- There are 2 dates to select from to schedule or walk-in to receive your QUADRIVALENT Influenza Vaccine at the Main Hospital in the Chapel:
- November 15th 4-6pm Monday
- November 16th 5-7am Tuesday (for midnight staff)
- The Employee Health Office is located in Suite 504, which can be accessed by taking the B elevators only, to the 5th floor. The above vaccine clinics will be held in this location. Please follow the instructions below for scheduling an appointment in MyChart. Walk-ins for the above Employee Health Vaccine clinics are not recommended.
- The contraindications for receiving the QUADRIVALENT Seasonal Influenza Vaccine are as follows:
- People with severe, life-threatening allergies to any ingredient in a flu vaccine (other than egg proteins) should not get that vaccine.
- People who have had a severe allergic reaction to a dose of influenza vaccine should not get that flu vaccine again and might not be able to receive other influenza vaccines.
- If you have an allergy to eggs or any of the ingredients in the vaccine – PLEASE CALL EMPLOYEE HEALTH TO SCHEDULE A TIME TO RECEIVE THE FLU-BLOCK VACCINE.
- If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a severe paralyzing illness, also called GBS), talk to your doctor, as some people with a history of GBS should not get a flu vaccine.
- If you are not feeling well, please wait until your symptoms have improved and you are fever free.
- You may receive the Seasonal Flu Vaccine with no contraindications to a COVID Vaccine, even receiving them on the same day, as long as they are given in different anatomical locations.
- The Seasonal Influenza Vaccine medical and religious declination forms can be found in PolicyStat, under the Influenza Vaccination Program. Declination forms must be submitted to Employee Health by October 10th.
- The CDC’s 2021 Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine Information Sheet can also be found as an attachment to the Influenza Vaccine Program policy in PolicyStat.
How to schedule your Seasonal Influenza Vaccine:
- Log into your MyChart app or website
- Select “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select “Employee Flu Vaccine (RHC Employees ONLY)”
- Complete the questions
- Enter your Employee ID number so your flu vaccine can be communicated to REACH and Employee Health
- Select your employment status (employee, volunteer, physician, etc). This is a requirement for reporting to federal and state authorities.
- Click Continue
- Select a day and time
- Verify your information
- You must complete the field which asks what you want addressed (you can just enter “vaccine” or “shot”).
- Confirm your appointment.
- Prior to arriving, Select your scheduled appointment and eCheck-In.
- Update any allergies.
- Review and sign the consent.
- Present for your vaccination.
If you have an egg allergy, and need the FLUBLOCK, do not schedule an appointment in MyChart. Instead, call Employee Health at (815)935-7067 or ext. 35500.
If your physician feels you should receive the High Dose Flu Vaccine, please call Employee Health at (815) 935-7067 or ext. 35500 to check on availability.
Employees in Riverside Medical Group locations:
Employees may receive their Seasonal Flu Vaccine by scheduling in MyChart for any of the above Flu Vaccine Clinic dates, or may receive their Flu Vaccine in their RMG location. Separate instructions will be emailed to those locations.
Employees in any Senior Life Community:
Employee may receive their Seasonal Flu Vaccine by scheduling in MyChart for any of the above Flu Vaccine Clinic dates, or may receive their Flu vaccine at Miller Rehab, Kankakee Assisted Living or Bourbonnais Assisted Living. Please watch for communication from your leaders.
All other Locations:
Please follow the above scheduling and vaccine clinic instructions. Additional remote or mobile clinics may be considered based on available resources. Please contact Jo Kilpatrick for information at firstname.lastname@example.org