Nursing Mental Health & Resilience Support
The American Nurses Foundation and the American Nurses Association launched a series of surveys to nurses
at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. All data gathered have been used to for decisions about how to best
support nurses during and after this public health crisis.
- Moodfit: Provides tools & insight to improve the fitness of your mental health, including: Selfcare, Mood journal, Gratitude journal, Mindfulness meditation, Breathing exercises, CBT
thought record, Reminders with key messages, Tips & inspiration.
- Happy App: Nursing professionals can call these support-givers for free. If you ever find yourself needing to talk with someone after a challenging shift, to relieve yourself of stressful thoughts and concerns, or to rebuild your resilience with emotional support, the Happy App Warm Line can help.
- A Nursing State of Mind Podcast Series: In this podcast, two veteran nurses discuss coping mechanisms with practical ideas to renew our energy, confidence, and passion for nursing.
- COVID 19 Resource Center: All the COVID-19 resources nurses need, all in one place. Sign up for information, support, and more from ANA’s COVID-19 Resource Center.
- Gratitude Practice for Nurses: Download the Toolkit.
- Narrative Expressive Writing (NEW): Can help resilience, improve mindfulness, and reduce psychological distress.
- Dealing with GRIEF Videos: A series of 5 short, powerful videos aims to provide timely and practical information to help you care for the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs of your patients and their families.
- After Work Checklist
- Nurses House: National fund for nurses in need of short-term financial assistance due to illness or disability.