Well in Mind: Letting go of stress at the end of the day
Peaceful Transition Ritual: Letting go of stress at the end of the day
You are likely more overloaded at work now than ever before, and with changes to your routine at home and work, stress may be steadily increasing. If you feel spent at the end of your shift, try this peaceful transition exercise so you can return home in a more relaxed mindset:
Engage in this routine sometime between getting in your car at work and before entering your house:
- Honor the difficult parts of your day.
- Take a few deep exhales to release these parts.
- Celebrate the good parts of your day.
- Take a few deep inhales to enhance these parts.
- Anticipate your evening going well, visualize it happening, and identify how you’ll feel as those anticipated events occur:
Example: I come home from work and see my hound dog wagging his tail, I feel happy. I give my husband a hug and kiss and feel connected and safe. I take a relaxing bath, eat a tasty dinner, and then get cozy on the couch with my dog and husband and watch a show we enjoy together. I go to bed feeling grateful and at peace, and I sleep soundly through the night.
Well In Mind is here for you. Call 815-933-2240 to schedule an appointment or to ask about your EAP benefits.