Well in Mind Weekly Minute
June is PTSD Awareness Month!
Below is a curated list of resources for those living with or supporting someone else living with PTSD
- Buddy Check 22
- Kankaee County VA Clinic: https://www.hines.va.gov/locations/kankakee.asp
- Clove Alliance: For survivors of sexual violence (formerly KCCASA) https://clovealliance.org/
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour hotline for anyone in emotional distress: 1-800-273-TALK (8255). There is also an online Lifeline Chat available from 5 pm to 1 am EST, weekdays.
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with VA responders through a 24/7 hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255), PRESS 1. There is also a 24/7 online Confidential Veterans Chat or text message support at 838255.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline offers 24/7 anonymous access to shelters and domestic violence programs as well as legal advocacy, public education, and training: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY).
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline operated by RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is a 24/7 resource to link victims to counseling and legal advice: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673). There is also a National Sexual Assault Online Hotline for messaging.
- The National Child Abuse Hotline is a 24/7 resource you can contact if you suspect a child is being abused, if you fear you might hurt your child, or if you have been abused: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453).
Call 911 or Go to the nearest Emergency Room
Contact the Veterans Crisis Line:
- 1-800-273-8255, press 1
- Send a text to 838255
- Chat online Confidential Veterans Chat
- PTSD Coach https://www.ptsd.va.gov/appvid/mobile/ptsdcoach_app.asp
- PTSD Family Coach https://www.ptsd.va.gov/appvid/mobile/familycoach_app.asp
- National Center for PTSD: https://www.ptsd.va.gov/index.asp
- Understanding PTSD: A Guide for Family and friends: https://www.ptsd.va.gov/publications/print/understandingptsd_family_booklet.pdf
Well In Mind is here for you. Call 815-933-2240 to schedule an appointmentor to ask about your EAP benefits.