Well In Mind’s Self-Care Tip of the Week
A Guide to Manage Tough Times
- Focus on Future Goals
- When the present is painful, it’s okay to shift your focus to future goals that help you feel excited, motivated, peaceful, and more in control
- Set goals that will help improve your day-to-day routine to bring you more joy and peace
- Set bigger future goals that help shift bigger problem areas, like finances, school etc.
- Generate Positive Memories
- Even when times are stressful in a relationship or at work, we have to also think about the positive and good memories that are part of those experiences
- Actively engage in reliving past, positive moments to help counter the present negative memories
- Find Laughter
- Laughter reduces stress and eases symptoms of depression!
- The source of laughter is not as important as actively seeking out people, places, memories etc. that will elicit laughter for you
- Stay Engaged
- Finding ways to stay engaged in your life and active in the pursuits that make you happy is one way to begin working through stress restoring your life to balance
- Set reminders on your calendar to engage in hobbies, attend events, call friends even when you don’t feel like it
- Ask yourself: if I’ll be stressed/tired etc whether I do the hobby/go to the event or not, is it better to stay home and be stressed and tired, or do something that could give me the chance to feel better?
Well In Mind is here for you. Call 815-933-2240 to schedule an appointment or to ask about your EAP benefits.