Well In Mind’s Self-Care Tip of the Week
Cook a Meal & Sit Down to Eat it Without Electronics
According to recent research focused on culinary therapy, here are some of the ways that cooking can improve your mood and general well-being:
- It is a healthy distraction that allows you to slow down and “get out of your head.”
- It awakens your senses, requiring you to pay attention to the present moment.
- It can help you get into a “flow state,” since it’s both challenging and enjoyable at the same time.
- It encourages you to learn new skills and expand your knowledge base.
- It may help you feel less anxious, depressed or overwhelmed, since cooking gives you a feeling of accomplishment and can also provide pleasure.
Well In Mind is here for you. Call 815-933-2240 to schedule an appointment or to ask about your EAP benefits.